Sint Eustatius National Parks Foundation (STENAPA) is currently accepting applications for the position of Marine Park Manager. STENAPA is a small nature conservation foundation on the island of Sint Eustatius in the Caribbean Netherlands. As the Marine Park Manager, you are responsible for developing and implementing the policy of the management of the marine park on St Eustatius, as well as the sea turtle program. You will manage and coach the employees on daily tasks as well as work hands-on in the field. You will also take care of the preparation and implementation of annual and project plans. You will maintain contact with various organizations and stakeholders, and you will participate in project groups.
- Relevant MSc in nature management/conservation biology/marine biology or similar, or BSc and equivalent experience in nature management
- Experience in the monitoring of marine species
- Familiar with the Caribbean marine fauna and flora
- Experience in managing a small team of around 3-5 people
- Experience in leading and executing small and medium projects
- Willing and able to work hands-on in the field
- Excellent management skills and a team player
- Fluent in English, and preferably also Dutch
- Able to live and work in a remote location (experience preferred)
- Flexibility and willingness to work irregular hours, during the week, at weekends, and at night
- Scuba diving certificate (minimum PADI Divemaster or equivalent)
- Good physical condition (able to work under all weather conditions and perform physical activity during extended periods of time)
Sint Eustatius is a small (10 sq. miles, 26 sq km. pop 3,250) island in Eastern Caribbean. STENAPA is responsible for the management of the National Parks Boven/Quill, the Marine Park, and the Botanical Garden. The organization also works on the conservation of flora and fauna outside of the National Parks. www.statiapark.org
The Marine Park Manager reports to the Director. Starting date 15th of September 2022. Salary in USD.
Send CV and motivation letter addressed to Dr. Erik Boman, Director of STENAPA, email@example.com Closing date 31st of May 2022. For questions about this position, please contact the director, Dr. Erik Boman, firstname.lastname@example.org