Sint Eustatius National Parks Foundation (STENAPA) is currently accepting applications for the position of Terrestrial Parks Manager. STENAPA is a small nature conservation foundation on the island of Sint Eustatius in the Caribbean Netherlands. As the Terrestrial Parks Manager, you are responsible for developing and implementation of the policy of the management of the Terrestrial Parks on St. Eustatius, which includes the Quill and Boven National Park, as well as the Botanical Garden, and the Reforestation Project. You will manage and coach the employees on daily tasks as well as work hands-on in the field. You will also take care of the preparation and implementation of annual and project plans. You maintain contact with various organizations and stakeholders and you participate in project groups.
- Relevant completed M.Sc. education in nature management and conservation / related fields
- Experience in managing terrestrial parks and reforestation projects
- Experience in managing a small team of around 3-5 people
- Experience in leading and executing small and medium projects
- Experiences in monitoring of terrestrial species
- Proven track record of publishing scientific papers and professional reports
- Familiar with the Caribbean terrestrial fauna and flora
- Willing and able to work hands on in the field
- Excellent management skills and a team player
- Master the English language, and preferably also Dutch
Sint Eustatius is a small (10 sq. miles, 26 sq km. pop 3,250) island in Eastern Caribbean. STENAPA is responsible for the management of the National Parks Boven/Quill, the Marine Park and the Botanical Garden. The organization also works on conservation of flora and fauna outside of the National Parks. www.statiapark.org
The Terrestrial Parks Manager reports to the Director. Starting date 1st of Nov 2022. Salary in U.S.D.
You can send C.V. and motivation letter to Dr. Erik Boman, Director of STENAPA, firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date 31st of July 2022. For questions about this position, please contact the Director Dr. Erik Boman, email@example.com