Sint Eustatius National Parks Foundation (STENAPA) is currently accepting applications for the position of Terrestrial Parks Manager. STENAPA is a small nature conservation foundation on the island of Sint Eustatius in the Caribbean Netherlands. As the Terrestrial Parks Manager, you are responsible for developing and implementation of the policy of the management of the terrestrial Parks on St Eustatius, which includes the Quill and Boven National Park, as well as the Botanical Garden and associated projects. This is a full-time position that reports to the Managing Director.
- -Develop and implement policies for the terrestrial National Parks.
- -Oversee the work of the Park’s terrestrial staff (~8), including assistant managers, rangers and other specialists. This includes scheduling and assigning tasks, providing feedback and coaching, managing performance.
- -Manage park resources, including monitoring and conserving wildlife populations, managing vegetation, and maintaining trails and other infrastructure.
- -Develop and implement projects withing and outside of the parks. This includes managing projects, but also developing plans for restoration activities and managing the implementation of those plans.
- -Participate in park planning activities, including developing annual and long-term plans for managing park resources and participating in the development of park policies.
- -Maintain relationships with stakeholders, including local communities, non-governmental organization, and government agencies.
- -Relevant completed education in nature management and conservation, minimum B.Sc. / related fields or equivalent experience.
- -Experience in managing team of around 8-10 people.
- -Experience in project management, ideally in the context of conservation management.
- -Experiences in monitoring of terrestrial species and habitats (e.g. birds and reptiles).
- -Experience with and willingness to undertake demanding fieldwork in challenging conditions (e.g., heat, humidity, rough terrain)
- -Physically fit and able to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- -Excellent management skills and a team player
- -Proficient in using computer software such as Microsoft Office, and GIS applications, to analyze data and develop reports.
- -Fluent English speaker.
- -This is a full-time position with a gross salary range of 35,000 to $40,000USD annually, based on experience and qualifications.
- -The selection process includes two rounds of interviews and a reference check.
- -Health insurance is included.
- -The expected start date for this position is August 1, 2023.
Sint Eustatius is a small (10 sq. miles, 26 sq km. pop 3,250) island in Eastern Caribbean. STENAPA is responsible for the management of the National Parks Boven/Quill, the Marine Park and the Botanical Garden. The organization also works on conservation of flora and fauna outside of the National Parks. www.statiapark.org
You can send CV and motivation letter to Dr. Erik Boman, Director of STENAPA, email@example.com Three is no set closing date. For questions about this position, please contact the director Dr. Erik Boman, firstname.lastname@example.org
STENAPA, National Parks Office, Oranjebaaiweg 59, St Eustatius, Caribbean Netherlands +599 318 2884 (phone/fax); email@example.com (email); www.statiapark.org (web) STENAPA is a member of the Dutch Caribbean Nature Alliance (DCNA): Safeguarding nature in the Dutch Caribbean