Sint Eustatius National Parks Foundation (STENAPA) is seeking an Education and Outreach Officer. The new colleague is responsible for the nature education program (junior ranger/snorkel club). Apart from that he or she is responsible for external communication, such as developing an awareness campaign, developing engaging content (photos, stories and videos), press relations, website and social media.
Our new colleague has the following tasks:
- Create and conduct nature activities in primary and secondary school classes and after school programs
- Conduct activities with the elderly
- Maintain STENAPA’s website and social media pages
- Write Press Releases for Daily Herald and international press bodies
- Produce signs for communication and public education
- Produce campaigns to educate the public about nature
- Other tasks within STENAPA
- Master of Philosophy/Research in science
- Manual driver’s license
- Being able to switch between tasks quickly
- Interested in nature conservation and awareness
- Good communicator, service oriented, enthusiastic, wants to get things done
- Working experience in Statia or the wider Caribbean.
- At least 3 years’ experience demonstrating and marking tertiary level Biology
- Well-rounded grasp of both marine and terrestrial ecosystems and management
- Participated in various projects that study and/or conserve nature
- Experience in teaching children of all ages to swim/snorkel in a pool and/or at sea
- Experience creating lesson plans and materials
- Experience making and maintaining a website, page/group for an organization, business or group
- Experience on radio and television
- Experience managing intern applications and related tasks
- Experience conducting a campaign, organizing events – shows, lectures, games, and so on
- Experience composing letters, invitations and certificates on behalf of the organizations
- Communicating scientific concepts to the general public
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Photoshop
- Possess at least Advanced Level Dive Certification
What we offer
A challenging and interesting environment where you work in an international team for the benefit of nature on St. Eustatius. Working hours from 8 am to 5 pm (1 hour lunch break). STENAPA gives you the opportunity to attend workshops and do additional training. The job is a permanent position, starting with a 1 year contract.
Interested?! Send your C.V. and a motivation letter to Erik Boman, email@example.com. Closing date of this vacancy Sunday 15 November 2020.