Sint Eustatius National Parks Foundation (STENAPA) is seeking an office administrator per mid-March 2019. The office administrator oversees the day to day office operations at the National Parks Visitor Center at Gallows Bay. The office administrator has a varied job. He/she is the first point of contact for tourists, gives administrative and secretarial support to the staff, takes care of the buildings and repairs, and makes sure office equipment and supplies are available. Now and then you will go in the field with the rangers to stay up to date with the management of the National Parks and the Botanical Garden.
Our new colleague has the following tasks:
- Reception desk duties
- Sell dive/trail tags to tourists
- Manage the cash register
- Contact with hotels, suppliers (local and abroad), service providers (IT) and shippers
- Make payments online and at the bank
- Responsible for filing of a variety of financial documents
- Provide support at public STENAPA events
- Ensures that the office systems are working (wifi, utilities, IT, furniture, water)
- Intern house inspections
- Data entry
- Other tasks within STENAPA
- Completed secondary education, preferably combined with an education in secretarial or administrative studies (MBO)
- Driver’s license
- Good written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and deliver results
- Being able to switch between tasks quickly
- Interested in nature
- Good communicator, service oriented, enthusiastic, wants to get things done
- Working experience in Statia or the wider Caribbean.
What we offer
A challenging and interesting environment where you work in an international team for the benefit of nature on St. Eustatius. Working hours from 8 am to 5 pm (1-hour lunch break). STENAPA gives you the opportunity to attend workshops and do additional training. The job is a permanent position, starting with a 1-year contract.
Interested?! Send your C.V. and a motivation letter to Clarisse Buma, email@example.com. Closing date of this vacancy Sunday 24 February 2019. The first round of job interviews will be in Week 9.