Sint Eustatius National Parks Foundation (STENAPA) is currently accepting applications for the position of Director. STENAPA is a small nature conservation foundation on the island of Sint Eustatius in the Dutch Caribbean. STENAPA is in the process of professionalizing its organization, improving accountability and generating long-term (project) income to build a sustainable future. In this job strategic planning and on the ground-work go hand in hand. The ideal candidate must possess the ability to combine strong management skills, as well as focus on the scientific needs of conservation.
- Master’s degree
- Minimum 5 years management experience, preferably as a director or in a senior position in a (conservation) NGO
- Strong leadership expertise to manage a small diverse staff (8p) and on average 10 international interns/volunteers.
- Ability to assist staff in their administrative function
- Extensive experience in fundraising and government relations
- Substantive knowledge in terrestrial ecology, botany or biology.
- Experience in advising the Board with governance issues.
- International (and preferably Caribbean) experience is a must
- Fluent in English
Sint Eustatius is a small (10 sq. miles, 26 sq meters. pop 3,250) island in Eastern Caribbean. STENAPA is responsible for the management of the National Parks Boven/Quill, the Marine Park and the Botanical Garden. The organization also works on conservation of flora and fauna outside of the National Parks. www.statiapark.org
The Director reports to the Board. Starting date 15 June 2019. Salary in U.S.D.
You can send C.V. and motivation letter to Dr Teresa Leslie, president of the Board, email@example.com. Closing date Monday 18 February 2019. For questions about this position, please contact Teresa Leslie via email or the present director Clarisse Buma, firstname.lastname@example.org